Sunday, March 14, 2010

Farm Fresh Milk & Eggs

For a while now I've been getting farm-fresh, raw milk from a dairy in Georgetown. Currently the cost is $6/gallon, which is what I've paid for organic milk at the grocery store. Here's the info in case you're interested:

Dyer Dairy
7801 E. Hwy. 29
Georgetown
(512) 638-0415
www.dyerdairy.com

Mr. Dyer also has eggs, I believe at $3.50 per dozen, plus seasonal veggies, beef, etc.

Also, if you want to save 50 cents on the eggs, Pioneer Farms is selling their eggs for $3/dozen. The museum is open now Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. I usually go on Fridays to pick up eggs (and my daughter who apprentices there), so you can either go for yourself, or place an order with me. There's no guarantee on availability. The current hens produce about 12 dozen eggs per week, and the farm just got a bunch more chicks, so by summertime they'll be swimming in eggs. The web site is www.pioneerfarms.org.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to put my contact info.

    Angela Walters
    cordelia_78681@sbcglobal.net (best way to contact me), or cell phone 497-8952

    ReplyDelete